Life Truly Is Short

Posted by: Ricc Conner,

Yesterday I began my new position at First Baptist by visiting a young man who has been in the hospital since August due to a brain aneurysm. As we drove back from Tampa I was reminded that life is truly short. You never really know when your card may be punched. When your time is up. When game over. I began to think about that and couldn't help but ask myself - Am I making the most of every moment? It made life seem a little more surreal. It made me think about what I am doing here. Fortunately, the young man I visited is doing well. He is definitely not out of the woods and has a long way to go but it is obvious that God is not done with him. If you get the chance pray for Derek today. I am grateful for yesterday. For the reminder in my life that each day is a precious gift from God and I should use each day to make a difference in this world. Derek I am praying for you bro.


 
photo

I'm just a simple guy doing my best to love God, love people and do my part to change the world. I'm a husband to an amazing wife. A dad to an awesome daughter. A step-dad to three incredible boys. A friend to a few. A pastor too many.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com