Miracles!

Posted by: Ricc Conner,

This week has been an week full of blessings. Amy and I got to go out on a date Monday night - just the two of us as one of our friends offered to watch Emma for us. On Tuesday I got to spend the afternoon with Emma at Disney World and she rode Space Mountain for her very first time and loved it! Then last night we had a very packed Community Group as two community groups combined into one for an evening of fun. It was a really sweet night as we gathered around one of our church families and prayed for their needs! It was so good!

I can hardly wait to see what tonight brings! I don't know about you but I am learning how to find so much joy in the little things that God does in my life. These little things are 'miracles'. They are gifts from God. I believe that Highlands is one of those 'miracles'. It is a church that is becoming. I hope that you are a part of the miracle! Hey, birthing a church is painful, just like any birth, but the rewards following makes it so worth it!

I look forward to seeing what kind of church Highlands becomes! I believe that God wants it to grow, to be about changing lives, and to multiply into many churches!


1
Ricc, hey how are you doing? This is Dave Dyer. I remember when my daughters rode Space Mountain for the first time! I had that feeling of pride that they were reaching a milestone; just like I did the first time I rode! Its great to see life come full circle. And yes, just like you, my girls teach me something every day. Its funny because we get education, sophistication, and all other kinds of "-ations" but kids teach us what we forgot: to go crazy over ice cream, ride roller coasters 5 times in a row, watch our favorite movie every day for a week, cry when we're hurt and laugh when we're happy. You hit it dead on. Jesus knew what he was talking about when he told us to come as the little children. Have a good one and keep up your blog. Dave out...
 
photo

I'm just a simple guy doing my best to love God, love people and do my part to change the world. I'm a husband to an amazing wife. A dad to an awesome daughter. A step-dad to three incredible boys. A friend to a few. A pastor too many.

@Tue 24 Feb, 2009 20:16Green Banner: 24 February, 2009Green Banner Vector Graphic http://tinyurl.com/an5ptx

Template and Icons by DryIcons.com